map change connection problems

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by cntgetright, Jan 5, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cntgetright

cntgetright Forum Apprentice

ok i am having a huge problem any time i change maps and even when im logging into a character for the first time i get the normal load screen but then it says "all connection attempts failed" i have to click retry 1-10 times before i can get the map to load but once im inside a map no problems all day long but as soon as i try to change maps happens all over agian every time. i cant do pvp because by the time i can get the map to load some1 else has taken my spot and i end up back in the last city visited. any1 have any ideas?

2. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

same here. reinstalled everyhting a couple of times, cleaned the temp, restarted the routers, machine, tried various VPNs etc. worst product in terms of operations I've seen in 15 years of software development. not sure what they pay their DevOps for.

3. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Its happening to a lot of people. Its not an individual computer problem. Some days its terrible other days its not so bad. If its bad for me I go to a less populated city and use it as a base to farm in the area. PVP can be impossible to get into at times.

They have said in the past they are suffering from denial of service attacks from other geographic locations. Those seem to ebb and flow and peak and subside. Until they can work out or stop the malicious intent, or until the butt heads decide to move on it will be a problem.

Sad when the greatest joy in someone's life is to cause duress to others. No offense to any of our esteemed forum members:p.

4. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

trust me, that story about attack is a joke. the issue is their operations dep. they cannot even implement zero downtime upgrade, which is piece of cake.

5. bezryl

bezryl Active Author

whatever their problem is it needs to be fixed. currently i cant play the game at all, and premium time is wasting......

i dont like not being able to use a service i PAY for am verry angry about this crap

6. cntgetright

ok i thought it was just me because no1 in my guild was having any problem and i kind of was figuring it was a server error because i did different checks for my computer and internet connections. the problem is on both the client and the browser so idk but it is very annoying taking 5-10 mins to switch maps and i have tryed all over there isnt a single map change on the whole drakensang world that dose not do this to me.

7. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

second day, same problem. thank you.

8. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Check your connection.
    The other thing is you are using VPN Server ... if you know how it works ... you should know that you would have issues.

9. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Im not using VPN. i just tried them to see if there is any difference. My connection is fine, my home network and all the endpoints are in perfect condition. Im software guy, the issue is not on my end. I just hope their premium renewal service is also broken, and they do not renew mine in few hours as I cannot cancel it :)

10. trakilaki

What server? Is there any specific map or it is the same everywhere?
    Are you using cable or wireless? Laptop or Desktop?
    As a network guy ... I must ask you all the above. :D

11. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

:)

Grimmag. No specific maps, all over the place. I cannot even get into a game. Once it happened, once in one hour :), it will fail on every change of the map.

Two different laptops, in perfect order. Both cable and wireless, with and without vpn. Average ping to servers in Germany 150ms, same it was before.

And of course I did all the network resets, the gateway, wifi module, routing module etc. Reinstalled the client 5 times, etc.

I give up. Will try from other city tonight and report :) Did they restart the Grimmag already?

12. trakilaki

OK. I am playing on Grimmag as well.
    I have no issues.
    There were some issues to specific maps ... 4-5 days ago ... but they are gone.
    150ms is very bad delay. I am at 51ms or less.

Try this: Use that cable connection on one of the laptops (without VPN) ... see if the connection is better. (it should be)
    Yes they restarted the serer today.

13. cntgetright

im on heredur server just got home from work and still the same thing i tryed to log into browser and it went to a page saying it could not load i left it alone and about a minute later it reloaded itself and logged me in still saying connection issues just trying to get to my character screen before i even make it inside the game i am using a labtop with a wired connection and i also have done connection checks/restarts and nothing has changed i get no lag or problems with anything else internet related on this labtop.

ok so 100% sure its just the heredur server i created new characters on other servers and game works just fine i can switch maps do pvp and everything just fine with no connection problems so i guess i just have to wait until they fix the issue i just hope they know that there is an issue

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  14. bezryl

bezryl Active Author

same problem for me on heredur......are they even aware there is a problem?
    100% shure its not my connection, everytime swich map all connections attempts fail have to retry many times to get it to work and somteimes doesnt at all. is not limited to certain maps same for all

15. cntgetright

ive sent a request for help to support about 35 hours ago but no reply so im not sure if they are aware of it or not and not sure how to make them aware of the fact

16. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

3rd day, same issue. got message from support asking to clean up temp.not funny anymore. and of course they renewed the premium. now im frustrated.

Darwarren likes this.
  17. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Game play has been screwed for days, and the problems keep spreading and getting worse.
    Once before when servers were knocked out, DSO gave away free premium. I would hope Big Point steps up and does the right thing this time. That includes fixing the problems, and compensation for poor quality and lost play.

18. The quality of the the response you will get from Support directly correlates to the quality (or lack thereof) of the data you provide them with. If your ticket is a variation of "^%^$ this ^%^&% game!!! Can't you ^%$^ get nuffin right%$%#?", the reply sent to you will likely do little to alleviate your game-related issue. If, however, you provide the following:
    ~ Server
    ~ Map(s) affected (from and where to)
    ~ Travel method used
    ~ Exact error codes/messages received
    ~ Time of the incident (GMT)
    ~ Your i-net connection speed + your ping result to the DSO server you were trying to access
    ~ What OS you are running
    ~ Your basic computer specs (especially graphics card/chipset)
    ~ When you last cleared your temp files
    ~ What steps you have attempted thus far - esp. per those in the forum Tech FAQ

Then, your response from Support will be far more useful to you.

Edit to add: please contact Support with the above information, as we are unable to assist you here in the forum.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    Darwarren likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.