Sebastian_fl 1 weeks release cycle suggestion...

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by MegaNuker, Aug 25, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

Hey I want to first say I like the idea of Releases every week, but wanted to express what I see as a problem with that.

First not all Releases are bug fixes and the do something called hotfix to correct a missed bug or minor bug in releases. Some have complicated features that they need more time to evolve into code and or test them. Then the very last idea I can think about is the amount of time it takes to update the servers and the bandwidth to download a new client. (Hotfix only need game data not client.) So there is a considerable amount of data for the 25-35 million* userbase for this game. The last reason would be they where attempting to release an event with each release and since they are 10+ days a weekly release schedule just does not fit. As I said from the start I REALLY REALLY like your idea.

*www.bigpoint.com 2nd largest install base.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.