Suggestion Crafting Changes/Daily Quest Changes

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by _Baragain_, Sep 9, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Do either of the ideas below interest you

1. Version 1

9.1%
  2. Version 2

27.3%
  3. Both

63.6%
  4. Neither

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I'm a little jaded and pissed off at the developers/CMs, but that is no reason to stop brainstorming ways to make this game better in case the above mentioned staff ever figure out a way to get their collective heads out of their collective rectums. (Mods, Is that masked vulgarity or just creative insulting?)

Right now, everyone hates the crafting cost... It is just tooooooo expensive. So, I had two variations of an idea to pose to you all.

Version 1:
    You'd get a certain amount of free crafts per day for each rarity. For example, You'd be allowed to craft 2 magic items, 2 extraordinary items, and one legendary a day... Could be more, could be less, providing there is at least one free legendary; otherwise it defeats the spirit of the idea. Most of all, I'm it is something players would appreciate and it would help rebuild build some of the lost good will that R155 has resulted in. Additionally, it would make the crafting quest profitable again as you could use your free crafts for those daily quest.

Version 2:
    This is more a change for the daily quest than a change for crafting. This one developed through some discussion with some friends and the idea is that depending on the daily quest you chose, you would get a perk for those things related to those quests... For example:

Crafting dailies: You get that many free crafts (1, 3)

Kill monsters: You'd get a bonus to the drop rate. I'm thinking x2 for Exo, Legendary, Uniques, Andermant, essence, etc. But only against worth monsters (preventing twink exploitation).

PvP: 50%-100% more honor from those kills (In open PvP or closed PvP) or matches (If won).

Quests: Double the quest rewards. This would exclude doubling of event specific quests, quests that give you items, and PvP quests and would only apply to the Gold/Silver/Copper, Andermant, and XP (Just because I hate twinks).

The bottom line of the first is one that helps everyone universally, where as the second is designed to make you think about what is important to you. Beyond the reward for the Daily Quest itself, you would need to consider what perk would be of greatest interest to you.

trakilaki and Darwarren like this.
  2. Shiladitya

Shiladitya Padavan

The second idea is awesome. The first idea is also awesome but Bigpoint is too cheap to allow us both the benefits. The second idea is really worth promoting.

3. bendover

bendover Junior Expert

I like both. Especially the 1 free legendary per day, that would be awesome. I could craft 1 weapon per day. It would mean something over time. Not like giving us peanuts anymore with those stupid daily quests for 2 gold.

4. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

Maybe a token that you can use on the workbench for any free crafting. Tokens can be bought with pvp points or a daily reward.

5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I like them both.
    I would suggest addition to those mentioned.
    DQ for books must be tied with some other reward.
    - For all quests that are providing books of knowledge (PVP, crafting, killing monsters and solving quests) the reward should be 250(750 with mentor bonus) books + X amount of XP. The greater the player's level is the larger the amount of XP is.
    Both XP and books are significant part of the character's development ... so when the player is doing DQ the player should get 250/750 books plus 50/100/X/5000 XP depending on a experience level.
    - When the player attain the maximum level in the relevant tree the reward is changed to legendary item and GoPs. Legendary item is reward for experience level and GoPs are reward for knowledge level . Example:
    a. If the player attained maximum level in XP tree the reward is legendary item plus 250/750 books.
    b. If the player attained maximum level in Knowledge tree the reward is XP points plus GoPs
    c. If the player attained the maximum level in both knowledge/XP the reward is 1 legendary item plus GoPs.

No ... extraordinary item is not good reward for a player that already is at maximum XP level ... because crafting system is broken and nobody is using it. It must be legendary item.

bendover likes this.
  6. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Both ideas are great, but work benching is still a dead end.
    Crafted items generally are a waste of ander, gold, and time. Junk is melted.
    Only beginners routinely get an item that is an improvement. Crafting is too pricey for most. BigPoint has turned off the great lines on items; every item seems to have at least 1 clunker line. They are still flogging that dead horse to haul their wagon.
    It might motivate some players to farm for new gear and uniques, but no one wants to play the fool, farming for rare drops that never show up. Where are all those new gear sets, mentioned long ago? Will the roll out take forever?

Until BP makes it worth while, we're just spinning our wheels here.

7. perrush

perrush Active Author

1 free leg a day would be too much I'm afraid. But I agree there is much more to be done with the daily quest.

Long time ago I already gave some possibilities to do so. One of them involved more harder / complex daily quest with greater rewards. For such a quest they could reward a free craft ticket.

But in the end BP seldom listens ... ... sadly

bendover likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.